The purpose of developing this vehicle was to improve armor protection while at the same time staying within the 50-ton weight limit for heavy tanks. The vehicle was developed by the Special Design Bureau No. 2 at the Kirov Plant in Chelyabinsk in 1952. The project featured the high-density configuration of inner modules and differentiated armoring. One of the proposals was supposed to have an oscillating turret. It was planned to mount the latest 122 mm M-62T2 gun (GRAU 2A17 index) with a mechanized ammo rack.
Marks of Excellence requirements for Object 752: beta